Home Viewpoints and Forecasting Forums UK Ireland South Africa
Southern Africa South Africa specific news feed

Minister promises to bring stability in mines

Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
newsroom
Administrator

newsroom is on a distinguished road
Java Minister promises to bring stability in mines

Newly appointed Minister of Mineral Resources, Mosebenzi Joseph Zwane, has promised to work hard to bring stability in the mining sector.

Speaking to the media after his swearing-in on Wednesday afternoon, a confident Minister Zwane said he was going to give his best in dealing with challenges of job creation, job losses and unemployment at the level of young people.

Minister Zwane said he was not afraid of challenges as he has been dealing with them throughout his life.

“I have not rose to be where I am mistakenly. I’ve walked through the ropes to be where I am. I believe with the support of all South Africans, we should be able to tackle all issues facing the department,” said an optimistic Minister Zwane.

He added that he was not planning to make any changes within the department, but will look at what has been there.

“Where we need to adjust, we will definitely adjust without any hesitation,” the Minister said, thanking President Jacob Zuma for giving him the opportunity.

Minister Zwane took the oath of office during a ceremony held at the Union Buildings, in Pretoria. This follows the announcement of his appointment by the President on Tuesday evening.

He took over the reins from Advocate Ngoako Ramatlhodi, who has been appointed as Public Service and Administration Minister, following the death of former Minister, Collins Chabane in March 2015.

President Zuma and Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa witnessed the swearing-in of Minister Zwane and they both congratulated him on his new appointment.

Judge of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of South Africa, Justice Johann van der Westhuizen, administered the oath. – SAnews.gov.za
newsroom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  BizForums > Africa > Southern Africa

Tags
mining, south africa